• Welcome to

    Sparkenhoe Community School


Our dinners will be provided by Leicestershire Traded Services.


Halal Information

School Meals cost £2.40 per day payable weekly (£12.00) on the ParentPay website and should be paid for in advance.If you do not have log on details for the ParentPay site please ask at the school office.

Children can choose their meal each day, but the school office needs to be informed about a regular change from or to school dinners / packed lunch please. The Government announced that from September 2014 your child will be eligible for a free school meal if they are in Foundation stage, Year 1 or Year 2. This means all children in F2 Foxes, F2 Hedgehogs, Year 1 Penguins, Year 1 Polar Bears, Year 2 Sharks and Year 2 Starfish will be able to have a free hot meal at school each day.
Pupil Premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. It is currently paid to schools according to the number of pupils who have been:

  • registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
  • been in care for 6 months or longer

We will therefore ask parents on a regular basis to let us know if they think that they are eligible for Free School Meals/ Pupil Premium funding.


If you are receiving any of the following benefits you may qualify for Free School Meals for older children:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based jobseekers Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit

Please ask at the school office for a form if you think that you may qualify.